Friday, July 10, 2015

Tubing in Helen; Bottles of Cider

Today Anna, Jessica, and I drove up to Helen, Georgia, so Anna and Jessica could "Shoot the Hooch," (a colloquialism that means to go tubing/rafting/kayaking on the Chattahoochee River) and I could walk around Helen and, well, mostly be really hot. (I enjoyed it anyway.)

First I took the girls to Helen Tubing, the same place they went exactly one year and one day ago for their first tubing adventure:





Then I spent about half an hour walking around the place that's adjacent to Helen Tubing, mostly taking pictures of the beautiful patterns made by the rows and rows of jars and jugs of various types of cider:







After that, I walked around Helen proper for a while, had an Italian soda at the coffee shop (it was too hot for coffee!), and then picked up Anna and Jessica at Helen Tubing's official "get out here" spot. The three of us walked around Helen for a while, shared a funnel cake, and headed home.

No comments: