Friday, August 30, 2013

Stone Mountain, and Visiting With Baby Ada

Today Elyse and I went back to Stone Mountain for one last time before she returns to preschool (five days a week this year!) next Tuesday. We didn't ride the train this time, but we did take the Skyride up to the top of the mountain and walked around for about an hour.

The view of the lawn and Memorial Hall from a cable car coming up the mountain:


In this picture you can also see the reflecting pool (and its fountains) that's under the carving, the train tracks, and the hotel. If you look really closely, you can see the red car going down as we were going up in the blue one. That little touch of light color amidst the trees about two-thirds of the way up is, I think, Mount Carmel Christian Church in Stone Mountain (the city, not the park).

Here's a shot of the red cable car nearing the top of the mountain:


Elyse did a little ballet dance performance at the top of the mountain:


I'm not sure what she's doing here; possibly pretending to hold someone's hand:


These are my two new favorite pictures of Elyse:



After we left Stone Mountain, we went to Granny and Pa's house because my cousin (first cousin once removed, to be exact) Lauren was coming over with her almost-six-months-old baby Ada, and Elyse loves babies:


(Elyse and Ada are, I believe, first cousins twice removed, in case anyone is keeping score.)





After Lauren and Ada left, Elyse said to me, "Daddy, I love babies." Then she shook her head and said very sadly, "But they leave."

No comments: